Online Food Safety Course
Food Protection Management
Food Protection Management Certification Training
We currently do not have local dates and times available. Please check back frequently for updates.
The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Food Manager Certification Training will teach managers about:
Food Safety and Sanitation
- Food-borne illnesses/outbreaks
- Types of contamination
- Food safety hazards
- Identifying food-borne illnesses
- Personal hygiene
Food Flow and HACCP
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Purchasing and receiving food safely
- Keeping food safe during preparation
Managing the Operation
- Sanitary Facilities
- Pest Management
- Sanitation Regulations
How will this course help you?
- Prevent bad publicity and lawsuits caused by food borne illness.
- Increase customer satisfaction because of your attention to food safety.
- Improve profits through controlling food costs and waste.
- Boost employee morale by increasing their professionalism.
- Improve relationships with health officials.
- Receive information in order to train your staff on-site.
- Prepare a staff of knowledgeable and trained employees.
- Upon passing the certification examination, you will fulfill state requirements for Certified Food Manager status.
- Recipe Sources
- Handy Tools
- Using a Mandolin
- Types of Pressure Canners
- Storing Your Pressure Canner
- Jar Packing
- Jar Filling
- Peeling & Coring
- Blanching & Freezing
- Drying & Dehydrating
- Jams, Jellies, & Preserves
- Life Span of a Canning Jar
- Storing Processed Jars
- Canning Problems
- Crushed Tomatoes
Please complete our satisfaction survey after viewing the video: https://agrilife.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_06xyralRUIUQA9T
Pressure Canner Gauge Testing
For Guidelines in Testing Pressure Canner Gauges visit here
For information about ordering your own Presto Testing Unit print this form
Check out this video on how to use the Presto canner tester from the University of Kentucky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euIFtIURpdU