Are YOU interested in becoming a
Healthy South Texas Youth Ambassador?
Registration is closed as of May 1, 2018. Please visit us often for the next registration date.
Why be a Youth Ambassador…
- To serve as a community health and wellness advocate;
- Assist County Extension Agents in providing leadership to the youth components of Healthy South Texas;
- Serve as a leader to implement the Fuel Up to Play 60 program in local schools;
- Become knowledgeable and skilled in the healthy lifestyles subject matter;
- Coordinate educational events that will encourage better health in your community.
What will Youth Ambassadors do? Here are some of the endless options!!
- Become a recognized student leader in your school
- Help your school to have a healthier climate
- Help your schoolmates to make better grades by being more healthy
- Become active in leadership through exciting Texas A&M AgriLife Extension programs.
- Coordinate school Walk Across Texas programs and provide assistance with kick-off and celebration events!
- Introduce Learn, Grow, Eat & GO! To elementary schools in your community!
- Learn to become a “health and nutrition” advocate by speaking to groups, participating in health fairs, or volunteering with county Extension programs!
- Demonstrate the smoothie bike and how to make healthy snacks during school assemblies, health fairs, or community events!
- Be a disease detective and determine the most critical health needs in your community!
- Receive recognition as a Healthy Youth Ambassador at exciting events
- Youth must be at least 9th grade students at the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year
- Membership open to all regardless of socioeconomic level, race, color, sex, national origin and disability
- Ambassadors will serve a two-year term, with terms beginning in the later Spring/Summer prior to the start of the school year
- Ambassadors may serve consecutive terms but must re-apply if they wish to renew membership
- Ambassadors are required to participate in an ambassador training Ambassadors are expected to attend all face-to-face and online meetings as well as complete the plans and submit reports as required
- Complete and report 50 hours of leadership, program efforts, or community service projects per year
- Any costs associated with participating in ambassador training and/or meetings, including travel, registration fees, ambassador shirt, etc., are the responsibility of each individual ambassador
Contact Cameron Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 979-864-1558 for additional questions about this program.